- Curriculum & Classes»
- Year 5 and 6»
- Miss Jackson's Class»
- Supporting Learning at Home»
- Spring Term Home Learning»
- Tuesday 31st March»
Tuesday 31st March
Good news to start the day! We are top of the leaderboard for TT Rockstars! Get in!!! Not bad for a little class eh? Mr Pickering's class are not too far behind, so keep on using it whenever you have a spare 15 minutes, as it is certainly paying off!
- To start the day- Spellings -This week’s spellings are below. Please write them in a sentence, using a dictionary (or I-Pad) to check their definitions if necessary!
Recent / Regular /Remember / Sentence / Separate / Special / Straight / Strange / strength / Suppose / Surprise / Therefore / Though / Although / Thought / Through /Various / Weight / Woman / Women
Please get an adult to check you have spelt these correctly and used them in an appropriate context :)
- Main Activity - Meteor Shower Art!!! GOOGLE for inspiration: simply search ‘meteor shower art’. You could also search ‘drawing techniques for kids’ to inspire you, there are loads of great step-by-step guides online to improve your sketching skills :)
You can use any media you like (pencils, crayons, pens, wax crayons, pastels, felt tips, paints – whatever you have at home)Fill a page in your sketch book – make it inspirational and personal to you! Why not invite anyone else in your home to join in?
- Lastly -Doodle. I have set the following tasks to be completed on Doodle Maths and Doodle English for this week -
- Brackets to indicate Parenthesis
- Dashes to indicate Parenthesis
- Commas to indicate Parenthesis
- Ordering Negative Numbers
- Rounding numbers up to 1, 000. 000
- Rounding numbers to the nearest 1000, 10 000 or 100 000
Thank you to the majority of children who have all been using Doodle regularly! Please can i remind those of you who haven't logged on yet that we are monitoring progress; you need to keep your minds sharp for when we return :)