- Curriculum & Classes»
- Year 3 and 4»
- Mrs Sherlock's and Mrs Millard's Class»
- Supporting Learning at Home»
- Spring Term Home Learning»
- Thursday 19th March»
Thursday 19th March
Today's task focuses on your persuasive writing skills in English.
Either use your research on Kent from yesterday or think carefully about a place that you know really well and persuade us to visit!
We have included the example that we looked at in Guided Reading to inspire you (see PDF below).
In your writing, try to include:
- Positive, upgraded adjectives to describe, eg, breathtaking, outstanding, picturesque
- Power of three using alliteration , eg, fun frolics, family festivities and fantastic food
- Rhetorical questions, eg, Are you ready to discover Kent?
- Exaggerate, eg, the most beautiful scene you have ever seen
- Exclamation marks, eg, It's the experience of a lifetime!
- Commands, eg, You simply must..., Visit now! Don't delay!
This week’s spellings: Week beginning 16th March 2020
Practise your spellings each day using the spelling challenge cards and activities.
Try out a spelling test on Friday.
Please remember to read your book each day.