Sport Premium 2022-23
Here at Snaith Primary School we promote the participation and enjoyment of PE and sport for every child in school and work hard to provide high-quality physical education (PE) lessons and extra-curricular activities.
As a school, through our commitment and desire to improve extra-curricular opportunities, we have been able to increase not only the level of participation in competitive sport but also encourage those pupils who had not previously engaged in such activities to take an active role. As well as increasing pupil confidence levels, it has also enabled us to enjoy many successes in this field. We have also seen children in KS2 offer to run sporting clubs and thus spread their enthusiasm as effective and encouraging sporting role models.
Our school is a Sports Partnership member and our Sports Leader jointly holds the role of SSCO for the local schools cluster along with our Local High School. The Partnership enables a network of schools to work collaboratively which includes local primary schools, our Secondary School here in Snaith and South Hunsley Secondary school. Through this, we access a sporting calendar which includes local competitions, county competitions and continuing professional development for staff across the schools.
What is the Sports Premium?
The P.E. and Sport Premium is additional funding schools receive which is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the P.E. and sport activities they offer their pupils.
This can include:
- Training and/or for staff including the hiring sports coaches to work with staff
- Introducing new sporting activities to increase pupil participation in sport
- Encouraging sporting activity through lunch time and after school clubs including change4life programmes
- Running sporting competitions both in house, locally between other schools and at County level.
How do we intend to use the Sports Premium?
At Snaith Primary School we will use our Sports Premium funding with the aim of:
- Continuing to engaging children in a range of PE across the school including at competitive level 1 and 2. Fostering our sporting stars of the future.
- Enhancing staff training to ensure quality first teaching.
- Providing extracurricular provision to promote active and healthy lifestyles with a focus on healthy bodies- healthy minds.
We use the money to ensure that children of all abilities recognise the enjoyment and health benefits of sport, giving them the opportunity to take part in a wide variety of different sporting skills beyond the mainstream, as well as promoting and providing opportunities for the most able to have access to high-quality competition. This includes, in addition to the Sports Premium funding, our school also providing a range of lunchtime and afterschool clubs arranged by staff in their own time.