- Curriculum & Classes»
- Year 1 and 2»
- Mrs Clarkson's Class»
- Supporting Learning at Home»
Below you will find:
* Year 2 weekly spelling lists which would link to the spellings they would bring home each week (use Term 2B - weeks 1-5 and Term 3A - weeks 1-5)
* Year 1 weekly spelling lists which would link to the spellings they would bring home each week (use Term 2B weeks 1-6 and Term 3a - weeks 1-6)
Please work through the spelling lists at your child's pace.
We recommend looking at, reading then writing each spelling for at least 5 minutes each day. If you would like to you could build up to a spelling test each week!
Each week in school we would also learn how to read and spell the common exception words.
* Year 2 common exception words
* Year 1 common exception words
By the end of your child's academic year they also need to be able to read and spell all of the common exception words.
In school, we had already learned and assessed up to:
* Year 1 - the word 'we'.
* Year 2 - the word 'bath'
Feel free to dip in and out of these.
There is no particular order in which to learn them.
Thank you for your continued support.