School Ethos and Aims
At Snaith Primary School we pride ourselves on the warm and friendly atmosphere that is generated here, based on the firm belief that kindness and respect towards others should be at the heart of all we do. Children, childhood and team work come first. We believe that learning is not just about the basic skills, but also about fostering the desire to learn. Supporting our children to be the best they can be academically, aesthetically, socially, emotionally, physically, morally and spiritually, enables each child to grow in confidence.
In support of our ethos we work to ensure:
- Children feel safe, are enthusiastic, secure and confident. They enjoy their learning and are successful in it. We nurture their uniqueness and respond to their diverse needs. We enable them to succeed and make a meaningful contribution to the world.
- Our staff team enjoys working with children and working together. We support and challenge each other to be the best we can be. We are committed to achieving outstanding provision for all.
- Leadership is strong and shared, leads by example, enables and motivates, and constantly strives to ensure we excel in all we do.
- Children undertake leadership roles which nurture their understanding of responsibility and as stakeholders in our school.
- The curriculum is broad, balanced and makes links across learning. Staff have high expectations of pupils and the children are always encouraged to work to the fullest extent of their capabilities in all aspects of the curriculum. Children, their families and teachers feel proud of their work which is produced and displayed to the highest standards in thematic based presentation books.
- Our learning environment is exciting, encourages all to participate and celebrates learning as well as our whole school identity.
- We create learning opportunities that inspire, encourage and support children. We help them to develop skills to reflect on their learning and gain confidence to take risks so that they achieve high standards throughout the school.
- We recognise the importance of fostering healthy lifestyles, physically and emotionally. We provide a rich variety of curricular and extracurricular activities, which provide both breadth of experience and opportunities for personal/social development.
- Working together and promoting a sense of belonging, we help pupils develop personal, spiritual and moral values, an understanding of religion and beliefs, and tolerance for others and their ways of life.
- Everyone understands the importance of equal opportunities.
- We nurture relationships that are based on trust and respect, and value everyone's contribution. We actively seek to work in partnership with parents and carers.
- We embrace working with others, including members of our local community, or other school communities. We know that team work at all levels enriches the learning experience for all.