Monday 4th May
This week’s Theme is:
Although we had previously planned to focus on ‘The Bad-Tempered Ladybird’ we feel it is more pertinent to focus on VE day this week so will move ‘The Bad-Tempered Ladybird to next week.
A special message from my teachers:
It was really lovely to talk to so many of you this week.
It’s great to know that you are all safe and well.
Until we meet again, we’re sending you all a big Duggee hug.
Mrs Clarkson and Mrs Stevenson
Dear parents and children
Please see below the exciting tasks set for this week.
While we have posted a suggested order
(we know some people find this helpful)
But please feel free to pick and choose what you want to do and when you want to do it.
Please remember: your child’s well-being is the most important thing to us. You may find that they are more inspired some days than other. Some days they might do no tasks. Other days they may wish to do more than one.
We also appreciate that many of you are likely to be working and juggling child care.
So our message is simple, do what you can and be kind to yourselves too!
We also value cooking, gardening, cleaning and a wealth of other things you will be doing as families.
If your child would like to share what they have been doing with us please email your photos etc to Snaith.firstname.lastname@example.org (you can also email any questions or concerns to the teachers on this)
If you have any other concerns please do contact school on 01405 860452 or on Snaith.primary.eastriding.gov.uk
This week’s Theme is: VE Day
Look at 'VE Day Information - Monday' PDF.
Art / DT
Design and make your own VE Day medal
(You could use the template below or if you can make your own)
DT / Maths
Design and make your own paper aeroplanes
in the style of a Spitfire
(Template below if wanted or have fun making your own)
Then fly them! Who can fly their plane the furthest? Have you got a tape measure? Can you measure how far they fly?
Make bunting and / or flags
(You can use the templates below or make your own using plain paper)
Sing along to ‘We’ll Meet Again’
and maybe phone a family member and perform it to them.
Extra Challenges if desired:
* Write a postcard to a family member telling them about your VE day celebrations. Draw a picture on the other side to show what you did and what you saw. You could video call them to read it to them or even post it to them!
* ‘Dear Diary’ activity: Read the diary extracts and answer the questions (either in your school work books or on the sheets provided)
* Make your own radio broadcast to announce Victory in Europe. You could even pretend to be Winston Churchill! You could film it and send it into school.
* Maybe prepare some food for ‘Afternoon Tea’ on Friday 8th May
Please see additional tabs for information about spellings
* ‘Doodle Maths’ Extra and 5-a-day
* ‘Doodle English’ Extra and 5-a-day
* ‘Doodle Spelling’ Extra and 5-a-day
Here are a couple of resources that you may like to access:
* TT Rock Stars - Spend at least 10 minutes practising your times table rock star challenges at https://ttrockstars.com/
* Read, Write, Inc Phonics resources:
Speed sounds set 1 – Mrs Henderson’s Group: https://youtu.be/0D-lVRWafuQ
Speed sounds set 2 – Mrs Agar’s Group: https://youtu.be/qvZPOFUALcw
Speed sounds set 3 – Mrs Clarkson’s Group, Mrs Stevenson’s Group and Mrs Selkirk’s Group: https://youtu.be/EiTwpFj8i58
A new sound is premiered each morning at 9:30 but can be viewed at any time using the link above.
* Story Time
There are lots of brilliant places to find stories and poems to listen to for free. Why not give one of these a try?
Everyday, David Walliams is releasing a short story to listen to for free at home. They are extremely funny! https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
Audible is releasing some audio books for free: https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
Amazon are also offering some free e-books for Kindles.
The World Book Day website has lots of free audio books and extracts of books to try: https://www.worldbookday.com/world-of-stories/
Epic is an American website offering a free 30-day trial to read many popular books online: https://www.getepic.com/