- Curriculum & Classes»
- Year 5 and 6»
- Mr Pickering's Class»
- Spring Term Home Learning»
- Thursday 2nd April 2020»
Thursday 2nd April 2020
Good morning everybody and welcome to Thursday 2nd April. Here’s a joke for you to start the day:
Why did the student eat his homework? Because the teacher told him it was a piece of cake.
Ok, I didn’t say it was going to be a good joke!
Please complete your daily tasks on Doodle Maths.
Please complete your daily tasks on Doodle English.
I have also assigned an extra task on Doodle maths.
English Writing Task – Story
I’d like you to write a creative story based on the 2 pictures below – The Easter bunny visiting a fun fair!
These bullet points can form your paragraphs:
- Describe the character and setting using descriptive techniques
- Talk about the rides and games the bunny went on and how he felt
- Talk about different characters the bunny met and talked to using speech marks
- Make something go wrong or break down (a ride? He got lost? He got injured?)
- End your story by finding a solution and then the bunny making his way home
This is your WILF:
- 3 x adjectives
- 1 x simile
- 3 x connectives (but, because, whilst, however, although)
- Speech marks
- Embedded clause
Today, can you draw a picture using your spellings? It can have an Easter them if you wish.
Recent / sentence / separate / straight / various / suppose / weight / women / knowledge / occasion
Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
I will be posting some superstars again tomorrow.