- Curriculum & Classes»
- Year 5 and 6»
- Mr Pickering's Class»
- Spring Term Home Learning»
- Friday 3rd April 2020»
Friday 3rd April 2020
Hello and happy Friday to you all. I hope you enjoyed writing your creative stories yesterday about the Easter bunny going to a fun fair. I am looking forward to reading them.
(Well done – our class has the highest percentage out of all the classes for you guys being on target on Doodle Maths! Number 1 spot for us! Woohoo!)
Please complete your daily tasks on Doodle Maths.
Please complete your daily tasks on Doodle English.
I have also assigned an extra task on Doodle English – a reading comprehension.
Topic Task – Enterprise Challenge
You know I like these challenges, we’ve done chocolate bars, restaurants, trainers etc. This time I want you to set up your own shop and sell what you like. I’d like you to draw or explain the following bullet points:
- What is your shop going to sell? (clothes, sweets, electronics, trainers)
- Where is it going to be located and why? (Leeds, York, London)
- What is the name of the shop?
- Do you have a logo and slogan?
- Draw the floorplan of the shop. (displays, shelves, tills)
- Design an advertising poster.
- Draw some of your products and explain them with a price and features.
- Explain why your shop is going to be successful?
I can’t wait to hear what you come up with. Maybe I’ll pretend to be Alan Sugar and choose one to invest in. It’ll be the one I think will make the most money!
PE – Tik Tok Challenge
Can you complete the Tik Tok ‘Oh na na na’ challenge?
Have a look at these guys smashing it on YouTube:
Too easy? Invent your own!
Today is spelling test day. Can you ask a family member to test you on these spellings please?
Recent / sentence / separate / straight / various / suppose / weight / women / knowledge / occasion
Just a reminder that we will not be posting daily work on the website over the Easter holidays but I may put a couple of posts on the class blog if you wanted to check that out.
Happy Easter Everyone. Don't eat all your Easter eggs at once!