Friday 20th March
Our jigsaw topic this term is ‘Healthy Me’. This week we are thinking about the sugar content in certain foods to help us to make healthy choices.
Please choose 5 contrasting food items in your home and in your exercise books record the name of the food and the amount of sugar in each.
From this, can you answer these questions in your books:
- Are you surprised by some of the amounts of sugar in some of the foods?
- What does that teach us about making healthier choices?
- Are some foods better choices than others? Give two examples.
- What can we do to check the amount of sugar in some foods before we eat them?
- Are there healthier ‘swaps’ we could make for some of these foods?
- Is it still OK to eat high sugar foods sometimes?
Apply your learning:
Now that you have collected the information, can you use what you know to estimate the sugar content in certain foods? Use the PDF below to list the foods shown and match them to amounts of sugar.
Spellings W/B: 16/3/2020